Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sandwich time

Summer is coming


Sandwich time!

It is getting warmer: time for light snacks or a light, quick lunch.
Today I'll give you a very easy recipe for an easy and delicious sandwich, a chicken & avocado sandwich.
I ate this sandwich in Byron Bay during my 6 week road trip along the Australian East Coast, and I loved it! It was so simple and yet I had never thought about making it.
A few months later when I was back in rainy Belgium, feeling hungry and “home sick” about Australia, I suddenly remembered this sandwich. Luckily I had the ingredients I needed in my fridge. After prepearing it and taking the first bite, I felt right back on the beach in Byron Bay, enjoying this chicken and advocado sandwich. 
Food can be like a time machine, one bite can bring you back to your childhood or to that holiday you enjoyed so much. And that is what I love about food, it brings up good memories so easily! 


Here is the recipe for a chicken & avocado sandwich. It is something you can enjoy at home, or take it with you to the park or to your job. And it is so easy and fast to make!



Chicken & Avocado Sandwich


Ingredients:
  • Some slices of toats bread
  • A ripe avocado
  • one chicken breast
  • Salt & pepper
  • Optional: cheese, sour cream, or whatever you like with it!
Preparation:
Cut you chicken in small pieces of 0,5 on 0,5 cm. Season them with salt & pepper and bake them for a few minutes (the small pieces will cook very fast. If you don't leave them on to long they will be soft and juicy). 
Toast you bread in a toaster, if you have a folding grill you don't have to toast it up front.
Spread your chicken on your bread, add cheese if you want to and put it in the folding grill (if you don't have a folding grill, you can add the avocado immediately).
When the toast is golden brown and the cheese has melted, you take the sandwich off the grill, open it and spread the fresh avocado on one side of the toast, if you want you can add some sour cream to give it some extra freshness.
Close your sandwich... cut in half... and enjoy!




April 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this?