Friday 14 June 2013

Shrimp & Noodle wok

Hey!

don't you wok away!

I know I promised you a BBQ recipe, but I seem to remember something about putting on a wok recipe. So first things first.
If you want to read about the other article about the wok, read it here.
The recipe I'm going to give you, is one I made ages ago. I wrote it down and recently found it back!
For this recipe I used a pre-made mix of spicy vegetables. If I would use fresh veggies I'd take carrots, capsicum (or paprika), leek and a hot pepper. Chop those finely, add some soy beans and *tadaaaam* your veggies are ready to wok.
Also... I wok "by feel" so I don't really know the exact quantities. Next time I prepare this (might be tonight), I'll update it and try to add measurements.
But here are some warnings: DO NOT use to much fish sauce, this sauce doesn't really have a nice smell, but it makes your dish taste great. As long as you don't overuse it!
DO NOT overuse on the sesame-oil, because this oil has a really strong taste.
Try to balance all the different tastes in your dish. That is the key to cooking by feel.

Shrimp & Noodle wok

Ingredients: (for 2-3 people)
  • shrimps (about 6 to 8 per person)
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 capsicum (paprika), chopped
  • 1/2 leek, chopped
  • 1 hot pepper, chopped
  • about 2 hands of soy beans (I haven't got a clue how many grams that is, I just take two hands out of the bag)
  • thai fish sauce
  • soy sauce
  • lime juice from 1 lime
  • wok oil (spicy)
  • 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
  • 1 tsp lemon grass (for this recipe I use pre-grated)
  • sesame-oil
  • egg-noodles
  • water or vegetable broth
Preparation:
Cook the water or vegetable broth. When it has reached it's cooking point, turn off the heat, add the noodles and let them swell (for the time they need: consult the wrapping).
Heat the wok oil in your wok and shortly stir fry the vegetables. Add some fish sauce, lemon grass an soy sauce and stir fry some more, they still need to be crunchy! Now take the noodles and add them to the wok. Give it a stir for about one minute and set aside.
Heat some sesame oil in your wok (use the same wok, you don't need to clean it first). Stir fry the shrimps with the ginger. Sprinkle with lime juice from 1/2 lime. Take out the shrimps and keep the liquid aside.
Divide the vegetables with the noodles into two bowls and add the shrimps. Mix the remaining lime juice with the cooking juice from the shrimps and sprinkle over the bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
ENJOY!





June 14, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this Noodle and Shrimp Stir Fry. I think this recipe was good so I have a plan to cook this one on Sunday. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment! Hope you'll enjoy it!

      Delete

What do you think about this?